Need a Hand?
Waywire Publisher for TinyMCE
- TinyMCE version 3.x
- Access to the server with permission to upload files into the TinyMCE plugins directory.
- Download the waywire_publisher.zip package.
- Use the “zip” tool to unpack the distribution archive.
- Copy or move the waywire_publisher folder to your TinyMCE installation’s plugins directory.
ConfigureTo configure plugins for TinyMCE you can refer to the TinyMCE plugin documentation at http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Plugins.
This plugin requires that you have a Waywire.com channel. To create a channel contact your account representative.
- Create a Waywire.com channel
- Add plugin to the TinyMCE plugin option list, example:
plugins : "waywire_publisher".
- Add the magnify_publisher button name to button list, example:
theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "waywire_publisher".
- Enable all attributes for the img tag, example:
extended_valid_elements : "img[*]".
Plugin options[waywire_publisher_url] This is the full url to your waywire.com channel, example:
theme : "advanced",
mode : "textareas",
plugins : "inlinepopups, waywire_publisher",
theme_advanced_buttons2_add : "waywire_publisher",
extended_valid_elements : "img[*]",
magnify_publisher_url : "http://channelname.waywire.com"
- Click on the orange “w” button in the editor formatting toolbar.
- Use the publisher interface to find, upload, or embed a video or image.
- Click the embed button to close the publisher interface and place the selected media item into the TinyMCE editor.
- A placeholder image appears within the editor window and you can position it and place text around it as you’d like.
- When you publish the entry, your visitors will be able to watch and interact with the media you’ve embedded.